How many cc of Silicone would I need in order to achieve DD from A sized breasts?

I currently have HP Saline implants filled to 465cc. Before my initial breast augmentation I was (barely) a 34A and am now a 34D. I am going to redo my breast augmentation and would like to switch to silicone implants and also increase in side to 34DD. How many cc of silicone will be required to do so? Please advise.

Hominy cc's of silicon breast implants to achieve a DD cup size

+2
It is important to focus on the size and shape of breasts that you want to achieve rather than focusing on cup size.  A DD bra at one shop can be labeled a D cup or D cup at a different shop.  So it is impossible to predict cup size based on implant size.

That said 465 cc breast implants are fairly large.  The volume of silicone gel implants should equal the same volume of a saline breast implant.

I would suggest that you revisit your plastic surgeon and undergo a breast implant sizing system evaluation.  During this session breast implants of various sizes can be placed into your bra on top of your current implanted breasts, and by looking in the Mayor front inside you can evaluate how much more volume will achieve the look that you want.

Increasing cup size with implant revision

+1
you would most likely need at least 600 cc to make a difference in the cup size that you want
i would do a capsulectomy to allow the breast tissue to spread evenly over the new  implant

How much more volume

+1
A good thing for you to do is perform a baggy test to add the volume in your new bra to see what it takes to fill.  Simple but not always perfect answer.

Implant Size and Cup Size

+1

Well, there you've heard it: we can't determine a cup size, either online or in person.  I know it's frustrating because cup size is the only way (seemingly) that one can talk about breast size.  The problem is using it to determine the implant volume. One issue is that variability of cup sizing is great, or in other words, not standardized.  Another problem is individual perception of how a bra fits is also variable. Finally, the shape of your breast can affect how your breast fits into a bra, regardless of its actual volume. 

The most important thing is not what bra size you're wearing, it's how you look in the mirror.  I tell my patients that they'll need to increase their implant volume by at least 20% to appreciate any perceptible change.  For you, that would be 93 cc above your current implant volume of 465 cc, or about 550 cc.  Whether that's right for you would need to be determined by either using sizers in the office or showing photographs of desired appearance.

One final note off subject.  Although you've apparently done well with a considerably large saline implant, further enlargement, even with a silicone gel implant, might put you at risk for rippling, possibly worse than you have now.  Additionally, there might be other unforeseen issues that could happen due to using 'extra large' implants. Please give extra consideration on whether to proceed further; remember, very large implants pose a significant risk of long term complications that may require multiple surgeries. Also, problems can occur that are not entirely 'fixable'.  If you decide to proceed, please consider using a revision breast specialist to maximize your result and minimize the risk of complications.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

+1
   A very general estimate is that one cup size is 150 cc to 200 cc of volume.

+1
As you must know, we get this question all the time on this website and the answer is always the same...it takes an exam to determine implant size. There is no direct correlation between ccs and cup size.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

A to DD? How many CC's are needed?

+1
Thank you for your question and this is always a concern when someone wants such a dramatic change.  Your focus should be on what looks good and not on the number of CC's or cup size.  Your surgeon needs work with what is possible because what is wanted and possible are not always the same.  I would encourage you to speak to who has done a lot of these procedures and listen carefully to what they say.

John D. Smoot, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.  Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or “DD cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

How many cc's to obtain DD cup?

+1
Your question is impossible to answer without a physical exam and performing dimentional measurements on your chest and breasts. Cup size varies greatly from brand to brand, therefore your surgeon should also ask you to describe what you visualize a DD appearance to be.

Jeffrey K. Scott, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon