How Many Cc Removed Will Be Best for my Back Pain?

I am a 34 DDD and only 5'4 and 130 lbs. The Korean doctor told me the will be removing about 7cm of skin but could not tell me the Cc's as of yet.

Breast Reduction for Back Pain

+1

In my experience it is really impossible to answer this question without looking and feeling a patient's breast.  

I have found in my over 30 years of experience, that one patient's idea of a DDD breast is another patient's idea of a D breast!    Additionally, the actual weight to be removed will be influenced by whether a breast is mostly glandular or fatty.   Glandular tissue is much denser and weighs significantly more than fatty tissue.  

Finally, the final weight will be determined by the shape of your torso.  It is a mistake to simply aim to resect a predetermined number of grams without taking into consideration the final shape of the remaining breast in relationship to the torso.

Breast Reduction and Amount of Tissue Remove?

+1
Thank you for the question. Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.
When a breast reduction surgery is decided upon it will be important to communicate your size goals with your plastic surgeon;  you should have as much tissue removed as possible while  retaining proportionality with the remainder of your torso. Keep in mind, that it will  likely not be possible  to “eliminate” your symptoms completely. You should expect improvement however.

Volume in CC's to be removed for a breast reduction

+1

Without seeing a photo of your breasts (and even with one), it is hard to exactly estimate the "cc" amount of breast tisue that would be removed. This quantity would be dependent on the ultimate size that you want to be. That is, more will be taken out if you would like to be reduced to a "C" verus a "D".

Most insurance companies mandate a minimum of tissue per side that needs to be removed in order to have coverage for the procedure. This is often 300 - 500cc per side but can be much higher for larger individuals when they use BMI or other criteria.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

How many cc's for back pain

+1

Patients have told me that they have noticed a difference in shoulder/neck/back pain with as little as 200 gms.  Again the idea is to make the breast look appropriate to your size.  Also, be aware that there is no bureau of standards for bra sizes; Victoria's Secret for example, tend to run smal so  a 'c"  cup in other bra's may be a d cup in Victoria's secret.  The circumference of your chest, the width and shape of your breasts will affect bra size as well.  That is why you should be professionally fitted to find the best bra type and size.  Good luck, most breast reduction patients can't believe they waited to get it done, and are thrilled by their results.

Eleanor J. Barone, MD

How much weight is removed with breast reduction

+1

It is hard to estimate the weight or cc of a breast reduction as there is variation in the density of the breast tissue among people.  In the US, insurance companies request a minimum volume or weight of breast tissue for insurance coverage.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

How much to be removed for relief of back pain with breast reduction surgery

+1

This is not a black/white single value answer. In most instances insurance companies request that at least 300 and peferably 500 cc be removed to justify coverage but this is an arbitrary number. Ask your surgeon for the estimated amount to be resected.

Breast reduction volume is individualized

+1

The question is not how much should be removed, but how much should remain.  Most patients I try to get down to a B or C cup.  You don't want to have the same problems later in life if your breasts grow with age, pregnancy, or breast feeding.  Insurance companies may require a certain amount be removed to cover the procedure.  You would have to check with your insurance company on that.  An experienced plastic surgeon can estimate how much would need to be removed to both alleviate your symptoms and at the same time maintain your feminine appearance.

Randy Proffitt, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction and back pain

+1

A breast reduction may improve back pain in some individuals with large breasts that have not responded to therapy.  As for the volume removal, it is difficult to say without an exam.