Could I Have CC or Am I Just Paranoid?

I am 6 weeks post op, and am worried that I haven't dropped enough. I have Smooth Moderate Plus Saline implants (300cc's)and I had very little breast tissue to begin with. They're not super soft, but they're not super hard either. My PS suggested silicone for me- but I worry and went with saline. I'm ok with slightly harder breasts as long as they're ok! Hopefully I'm just being paranoid.

Early Capsular Contracture?

+2

Judging by the photographs the answer to both questions is no. I do not think you have capsular contracture and I also do not think you are being paranoid. Implants take time to settle and you shouldn't expect final results until 4-6 months out from surgery.

Hope that helps

Dr. Babak Dadvand

Could I Have CC or Am I Just Paranoid?

+1

From your photos, you appear to have expected results for this point in your recovery.  However, the only way of truely knowing if you are developing a capsular contracture is by physical exam.  Ask your surgeon, and have him/her evaluate you.  You should continue to soften a bit over time.  If you only continue to get more firm, then a capsular contracture would be likely.

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Capsular contracture of breast implants after 6 weeks?

+1

At six weeks, saline implants (which need to be overfilled) will still appear a bit firm. Significant capsular contracture will cause some distortion and unevenness to the breast as well as pain which I do not see on your photos. It is also a bit early for true capsular contracture to occur.

In actuality, your early post operative result, when compared to your pre-operative photos, is quite excellent and will continue to improve over time. Just follow the instructions of your plastic surgeon and you should be ok. It is certainly quite normal to have questions and concerns after surgery - and ideally, those questions will also be shared with and answered by your own personal surgeon who has intimate knowledge of your specific case.

William F. DeLuca Jr, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Early cc?

+1

Your Plastic Surgeon is the best person to answer this after a quick exam. Your implants will settle with more time.

Daniel J. Casper, MD

Result at 6 weeks after breast augmentation

+1

Judging by your photos, it's most likely that your implants simply haven't "settled".  Give it time...about 3 months for everything to relax, and for the implants to drop into place.  

You might also try wearing a bandeau across the upper portion of the breasts for a little downward compression.

Thomas Fiala, MD

It will get better

+1

Your before pictures are consistent with tubular breast.You have small amount of skin over the lower pole of your breast and it will take 3-6 months for the skin to relax and stretch. There is nothing to do at this time and relax. Please trust your surgeon and let the healing take its course.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Capsular Contracture & Breast Augmentation

+1

You do appear to have an early capsular contracture in your post-op photo.  I agree that your result is typical for this period of time following your surgery.  I do find that wearing a strap across the superior portion of breasts is helpful in "dropping" of the implants.

John Whitt, MD

Breast implant results after 6 weeks

+1

Your results look great and typical for 6 weeks. Allow a full 3 to 6 months for implants to drop, skin to stretch, and swelling to resolve.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Capsular Contracture does not establish itself in 1.5 months after Breast Augmentation

+1

Capsular Contracture takes longer than 6 weeks to establish itself. Your result is typical and should get better as time passes. You should ask your plastic surgeon how he would prefer you treat the implants (massage? not wearing bra to ease descent? etc)

Dr. Peter Aldea

Six weeks out from breast surgery

+1

It is doubtful that you have a capasular contracture at 6 weeks. You need to allow time for the body to adapt to them and drop a bit more.