What Cc Should I Get to Have a Large C Small D? I Am 125lb with a 34B Now. (photo)

I went in for a consult April 10, 2012. I have wanted implants since I was in High school and now I'm 24 and have saved up to get it done. The nurse and Doctor were really nice and answered all of my questions but now I'm having second thoughts.. Is this normal?? I guess I'm nervous about if I will be satisfied with my decision or not. 

Breast Augmentation with Breast Implants: High patient satisfaction.

+2

Breast augmentation is a very common procedure in cosmetic plastic surgery. It is a very straightforward procedure when performed by the right plastic surgeon for the right patient. Anxiety before any plastic surgery procedure is normal, especially if this is something you have wanted for years. It is great that you waited to get breast implants because now you can make a decision about saline or silicone implants. Looking at your photos, you would be a candidate for a simple breast augmentation with a moderate profile implant in the the 300 to 350 cc range. You are thin, so there may be an advantage to silicone gel implants, as they are soft and feel very natural. Choose the right doctor and if you have second thoughts, sometimes it is great to get a second opinion.

Dr. Trussler

Breast augmentation

+2

Questioning surgery a bit is normal.  It is normal to be nervous, but patients are usually very happy after breast augmentation.

Breast augmentation is worthwhile

+2

Of course it is normal for you to be a little nervous before breast augmentation, but it sounds like you've thought about it for awhile and are doing your homework.  Our in office consultation and examination provides specific recommendations and an opportunity to try on different sizers in your brassiere to help you visualize your result.  Try not to focus on a cup size as much as a particular look and feel-in general, to go from a B to a small D you should consider sizes 350-400 with a high or full profile depending upon you breast width and preference for cleavage. The decision between saline and gel also is influenced by the look and feel that you want amongst other things.  When patients and I have an earnest conversation about their concerns, it is easier to guide them towards a great result! 

Vaishali Doolabh, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

What Cc Should I Get to Have a Large C Small D? I Am 125lb with a 34B Now.

+2

Thanks for the posted photos. As for size it is a very personal decision but at least a 350 cc would be my minimum choice. Best to obtain a few in person consults or return to the first one again. 

Implant Selection Process

+1

Anxiety prior to surgery is common.  It is important to ensure that you are set on the procedure and fully understand the recovery process and risks involved.  

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Anxiety prior to surgery and choosing the righ implants

+1

You have two very distinct questions here. First, it is normal to be anxious prior to surgery. Take a moment to reflect on your motivations. If you are doing the surgery for the benefit of others, then you will need to reconsider having surgery. If you are doing the surgery for yourself, then you will need to meet with your surgeon to resolve any remaining questions before you proceed.

Second, you can not focus on cup size as that varies considerably between companies and will change regularly for the same company. Instead, you should ensure that you have chosen an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon who understands your objectives and passionately seeking to surpass your expectations.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Implant size for cup increase

+1

If you are a 34 B each 100 cc is 1 cup size change.  A 200 cc implant would make you a D.  While looking at your photographs, one concern I have is that your breasts are relatively far apart.  You need a circumareola approach so that your nipples can be moved medially as well as placing the implant more medially to increase your cleavage.  It is possible that if you just underwent implantation you may have too much separation between the two breasts and you would be dissatisfied.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

What is a C cup anyway?

+1

I've been doing breast augmentations for 22 years, over 6000! During that time I've had countless women describe their breast size. I can tell you that there is no set size that a C or D is. This is because bra manufacturers LIE! Also, a C cup from a 32 bra is way smaller than a C cup from a "40". So what we do is just ask our patients to try on implants in a snug Tee shirt with a built in bra. When you like the look then you are done. Except that there is a "adjustment factor". The look you have when you try on is not equivalent to the look you'll have after that size implant is put in you. Therefore I increase my gels by 10-25% depending on BMI and I routinely overinflate my salines. This compensates for the loss of volume you'll experience both with the surgery itself and some compression that your breast undergoes being squeezed between the implant and your skin over the first six months or so. Finally, don't pay attention to what your friends got. It is irrelevent to what you are. They may have started with a different size breast, different hips and shoulders, height, etc. The beauty of trying them on is that you'll automatically adjust to all those factors. Computers can't do that. Good luck!

Clayton L. Moliver, MD, FACS

Picking the best implant size for you.

+1

I help my patients select the correct size with two methods:

1. Dimensional planning and
2. A Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Good luck!

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implants for Me?

+1

I would suggest that you NOT  concentrate on achieving a specific cup size. As you know, breast cup sizes will vary depending on the bra  manufacturer. It is therefore an unreliable  measurement to base your communication on.

I would suggest that you do the following:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This if communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as discussed above, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.