How Many CCs to Put in Expanders to Achieve a Large C Cup?

I had a double mastectomy. How many ccs do I need to put in the expanders to get to a large C cup. I'm 4'11, 31 inches around the chest.

Cc in expander

+1

Cup sizes are not scientifically measured. Every bra fits different.  An expander can be inflated until you are happy with the size then an implant of that volume can replace the expander because the surgeon knows the number of cc's used in expansion.

Volume for Tissue Expander Implants

+1

If you have a tissue expander implant for your first stage of implant based reconstruction, you will have a say in your final volume during your expansion process. You will get a good idea of your breast size during the expansion process. Everyone's anatomy (chest wall width) is different so it is difficult to nail down the cc's to achieve the look you want.

Web reference: http://www.breastreconstructionhouston.com

Volume of Expander Fill for a Set Cup Size

+1

A range of implant volumes can fit your wishes. Respectfully, choosing the appropriate volume implant based on the expansion is not something you need to supervise. Without the training and perspective of a reconstructive Plastic surgeon you lack the knowledge and experience needed to guide such a decision. Choose your plastic surgeon well and trust him/her to help you achieve your goals without dictating to them random opinions you found on the Internet.

Expander and c cup

+1

When using expanders, if it is a bilateral mastectomy, I will often have the patiente tell me when they are happy with the volume. They can easiliy match up to the type of bra that they want. I will then over expand the devices for a few months and then replace them with permanent implants at the volume the patient was satisfied.

Tissue Expander Fill

+1

Everyone is different, but you probably need around 450cc-500cc to get into that nice C range. It is different from a breast augmentation, where 500cc would make someone a DD. When you take all the tissue away, it requires a fair amount more in terms of volume to get you where you want to be. That is the nice thing about the expanders - you get a chance to see how the size does for you.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon