How Many CCs to Put in Expanders to Achieve a Large C Cup?

I had a double mastectomy. How many ccs do I need to put in the expanders to get to a large C cup. I'm 4'11, 31 inches around the chest.

Breast reconstruction with Sientra Implants

+1
It is important review you breast size, chest measurements and skin quality to determine the expander/implant choices.  First you need to find a Plastic Surgeon you are comfortable with to help you with this process.  

Three basic forms of breast reconstruction exist. You can use your own tissue, implants or a combination of the previous two techniques. Your own tissue can be used in the form of the DIEP flap, PAP flap, SGAP flap or fat grafting. Implants can be done in one stage or two stage. Two stage reconstructions are started by placing expanders at the time of mastectomy. Once they expanders are placed they are able to be inflated as determined by wound healing. The final time consists of combining any of the above techniques.

If you are interested in being seen in Austin please give us a call. I know this is a difficult time for you. The majority of my practice is devoted to reconstruction for women with breast cancer or who are BRCA+

Cc in expander

+1

Cup sizes are not scientifically measured. Every bra fits different.  An expander can be inflated until you are happy with the size then an implant of that volume can replace the expander because the surgeon knows the number of cc's used in expansion.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Volume for Tissue Expander Implants

+1

If you have a tissue expander implant for your first stage of implant based reconstruction, you will have a say in your final volume during your expansion process. You will get a good idea of your breast size during the expansion process. Everyone's anatomy (chest wall width) is different so it is difficult to nail down the cc's to achieve the look you want.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Volume of Expander Fill for a Set Cup Size

+1

A range of implant volumes can fit your wishes. Respectfully, choosing the appropriate volume implant based on the expansion is not something you need to supervise. Without the training and perspective of a reconstructive Plastic surgeon you lack the knowledge and experience needed to guide such a decision. Choose your plastic surgeon well and trust him/her to help you achieve your goals without dictating to them random opinions you found on the Internet.

Expander and c cup

+1

When using expanders, if it is a bilateral mastectomy, I will often have the patiente tell me when they are happy with the volume. They can easiliy match up to the type of bra that they want. I will then over expand the devices for a few months and then replace them with permanent implants at the volume the patient was satisfied.

Tissue Expander Fill

+1

Everyone is different, but you probably need around 450cc-500cc to get into that nice C range. It is different from a breast augmentation, where 500cc would make someone a DD. When you take all the tissue away, it requires a fair amount more in terms of volume to get you where you want to be. That is the nice thing about the expanders - you get a chance to see how the size does for you.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon