What cc would you recommend to give me the results that I want? (photos)

Considering butt implants with fat transfer. I'm 115 lbs and 5ft. Here are a few "wish pics." What amount of cc will give me the results I want?

Buttock augmentation options and sizing

+2
One of the most important factors in creating the perfect derriere with implants is indeed selecting the right size AND shape. I have found the best way to assure this is to simply measure the actual dimensions of the patient’s buttock cheeks. With these anatomical measurements, I can select an implant that not only significantly augments the buttock but also supplies the correct 3-dimensional enhancement to look as real as possible. Therefore the only way for you to know what implant works best is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon specializing in this procedure and have him/her take your measurements before selecting an implant and proceeding with surgery.

The largest buttock implant currently available in the USA is a 690cc round implant. Indeed custom implants can be ordered larger, not only at a premium price but at a premium risk for most patients'. Unlike breast implants which are placed under the very expandable tissue of the breast and half of the pectoral major muscle, buttock implants are (most preferably) placed under (or at least within) the largest strongest muscle of the body, the gluteus maximus muscle, which is not nearly as expandable or forgiving. Thus most patients simply do not have a large enough native buttock muscle to fit an implant over even 500 ccs', without leading to significant complication such as wound breakdown/opening &/or implant exposure...necessitating removal.

Thus some of those sought after video-vixen and celeb-types (without mentioning names) with cartoonish bottoms could have either gotten extremely lucky with a huge oversized implant, had a very large volume of filler injected such as silicone or hydrogel (all highly NOT recommended because of possible risk of severe infections and even deadly complications), and/or have been genetically "blessed".

I generally do not recommend fat grafting at the same time as placing buttock implants because of a significantly increased risk of infection. For fat to survive, it must be grafted into muscle, however that is also where the implant sits. Thus, if fat it injected into the implant or implant pocket then it will die and almost assuredly get infected - necessitating removal of the implant as well.

Nonetheless, buttock implants are a proven safe and effective method of buttock augmentation as long as the recommendations of a board certified plastic surgeon specialist are adhered to.

Glad to help.

Buttock augmentation recommendation

+1
I have had more than 20 years of experience with buttock enhancement using implants and using fat grafts (with and without stem cells).  From your photos it looks like you have a great figure with a very nice butt.  You already have good shape (no flat areas) and good proportion.  Some of the "wish photos" show out of proportion contours.

Given the costs, the risks, and your already lovely contours I would advise you to avoid this procedure.  Clearly this is not what you want to hear, but I think cosmetic surgery should be used to limit distractions, not to create new ones.

If you decide that you MUST HAVE A BIG BUTT please be sure to see a surgeon Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who has had significant experience with this operation.  Make sure to review his/her comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures to gauge his/her level of expertise and to see the types of results that are reasonable to expect.

REMEMBER: surgeons make money when they operate, so the bias is always in favor of doing something.  In my estimation, based solely on the photos you sent, you should not do this.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Buttock augmentation

+1
I think that to determine how much fat should be placed in each buttock it really depends upon what is available to inject.  Best of luck and you need to be seen in person.

What cc would you recommend to give me the results that I want?

+1
I would transfer at least 1000 cc per buttock to achieve the look you want.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and liposuction procedures each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.