What Cc Would Most Likely Fit Me, I've Breast Fed Also? (photo)

I'm 19, about 5'6" and 134 lbs. I've lost most of everything when I Breast fed and now I'm left with little to nothing and a little sag but no terrible so not enough to require a lift. I'm curious to know what cc I should aim for. I was a c/d cup before I breast fed now I'm a b cup and I want either a full c or a d. Back to my natural self. Nothing crazy.

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture. Although online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice, some general thoughts may be helpful to you.

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “full C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Proper Implant Selection

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Choosing implants

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Once a surgeon has this information he could better educate you on what type of implants would work best for you. It is hard to give more info without an in person evaluation or at least pictures.
Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

What Cc Would Most Likely Fit Me, I've Breast Fed Also?

+1

In general, 200 cc in an average size woman will increase bra size by one cup.  400 cc may be two cup sizes.  These are gross averages, and trying on sizers in the office will give you a much better idea about the volume you desire.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Look at the plastic surgeon's website and determine who can get you to your goals.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Implant volume

+1

Implant volume selection is best done in the office during exam.  Reviewing your anatomy and your desires will help determine the right implant for you.

How to decide preoperatively about my augmentation.

+1

The only way to get a better idea of the size needed to give you a nice shape is for a Plastic Surgeon to examine you.  I customarily take measurements of the breast as well as the chest of the patient during the examination in the office.  You would appear to have  the possibility for a nice result from a breast augmentation without a lift perhaps.  Choose a well respected Plastic Surgeon in your area of the country, and if desired get a second or third opinion.  This will give you ther best chance to have a nice result.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Sizing in person a must

+1

I agree with all the other surgeons regarding dimensional sizing for exact implant that fits your frame and desired breast size and appearance. This can only be done by a qualified (i.e. board certified) plastic surgeon. I would say that typically a post-pregnancy deflated breast will look best 1/2 to 1 cup size larger than the largest size you were when breast feeding, unless you wish to pursue a lift, as you need the implant to fill that skin envelope that was stretched when you were pregnant.

Evan Feldman, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation candidate

+1
Based on your photo, you are a great candidate for breast augmentation. Implant volume and final postoperative cup size will vary from person to person. A lot depends on your starting breast volume, breast dimensions, and chest circumference. A face to face consultation and a comprehensive examination with your local plastic surgeon would be the best way to discuss your size goals and expectations.

Gregory Park, MD