I Was Given 6 Cc of Botox (2cc Per Cupid's Bow and 2 at Fullness at Bottom Lip) Nothing Happened?

Absolutely, nothing happened. There was no change in the lip. No feeling of numbness, I can still pronounce p's and b's and use drink straws. Why did botox not work?

Botox around mouth didn't work

+1

I'm a little bit confused - do you not want to be able to use a straw or pronounce letters properly? Botox when used around the mouth should be done so that the muscle relaxes the lines/wrinkles, but everything else functions as normal. The key here is to know whether the muscle is relaxed and taking away the intended lines. If that hasn't happened after 10 days, then you may need a few units more (units, not cc's).

Botox around mouth (perioral wrinkles)

+1

Like many injectors, I inject about 6units of Botox around the mouth. The results can take 5-10 days to fully appreciate. That said, some people have really deep wrinkles and so laser resurfacing is a better option, or Botox as well as some filler like Juvederm or Restylane. If you push the dose too high, you can have issues pronouncing letters or even drooling, so you wouldn't want to go much higher in units. Also, the depth and location of injections is important so make sure to have a specialist such as a dermatologist injecting you. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox around the mouth

+1

You don't mention how many days it has been since your treatment, and Botox can take anywhere from 5 days to two weeks to see the effects. I would suggest following up with your provider, if after two weeks, you haven't seen any relaxation of that muscle.