Can This Be Capsular Contracture?

I had a breast lift with augmentation on march 31, 2010. I have Mentor smooth round high profile under muscle Implants, size 250cc. I'm 3 months post surgery and during my last visit my ps told me he suspected cc. I don't feel any pain nor my breast are hard. They are dropping but at a very slow rate and my right breast is higher. My ps told me he would wait 2 months and see what happens. Can you tell me anything from my picture.

Right Implant Needs To Be Released

After looking at your pictures, it appears that your right breast just needs to drop some more.  After three months, if it has not done it already, chances are it is not going to on its own.  If the breasts are soft, then it probably is just being held up by a little tissue, and needs to be released to allow the implant to settle more.  You can massage the implants and try and force them to go down more, but this is usually not successful.  In reality, you probably just need a surgical revision to make you symmetrical.  I hope this helps.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon

1602 Colonial Parkway
Inverness, IL 60067

PHOTOS: Can This Be Capsular Contracture

Can This Be Capsular Contracture? Your photos are suggestive of a capsular contracture (Baker Class 3) effecting both breasts. However, it is unlikely this early after surgery. Accolate/singulair may help but likely breast implant displacemetn exercises and time are your best options 

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Breasts and dropping

The photos posted are from about a year ago, so I am not sure why this is being asked now. But you should know by now if the implants are correct.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Capsular contracture

A before photo would likely show you were slightly ptotic and needed either a crescent lift or donut lift with the implant. Another possible reason is the implant pocket was not dissected inferior enough causing the "high riding" effect. Seek opinions. But you WILL need revisional surgery. Sorry.

From MIAMI Dr. B

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Capsular Contracture

Both breasts appear to be sagging in what appears to be a Breast Augmentation with a periareolar (around the nipple) lift. In my opinion you would have benefited from a lollipop breast lift. In addition, the right implant is abnormally high. After three months, we can conclude that this is the way the breasts healed and subsequent descent would be limited.  You may wish to consider a re-operation in 1-2 months.

6401 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38119

Implant malposition

The diagnosis of cc can only be made by exam/palpation, and is somewhat subjective.  I can tell you that you have asymmetry, and malposition of the implants- they are too high.  This also alters the positon of the nipples which look a bit low.

I would agree that you should wait before more surgery.  Also, I would recommend wearing a band to push the implants down, and perhaps massage.  Talk to your doctor

Scott E. Kasden, MD

2813 W Southlake Blvd
Southlake, TX 76092