Is This a Cavity or a Stain? (photo)

My dentist said its probably a stain since its not showing on the xray. But why is there a white tinged around the stain? I noticed that after my braces were put on.. is it that etchant? I had cleaning but I didnt go away. What should I do?

Stain

+1

Its almost impossible to ascertain from the photo. If there's no soft decay on clinical examination and there's nothing on the xray, then its most probably a stain.

India Cosmetic Dentist

Cavity or stain?

+1

Sorry to hard to tell I suggest a radiograph or exam if soft decay if hard most likely a stain good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD      CEO Baystate Dental PC

Kevin Coughlin, DMD
Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

Stain

+1

It is difficult to see in the photos, but sometimes with brackets and even Invisalign buttons, if there is excess composite left around the bracket or the button it can become prone to staining. Once the brackets are removed, your dentist will be able to polish it off. 

Lilya Horowitz, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist