Soften Caveman Look with Non Surgical Nose Job ?

I am very self-conscious of my facial profile. I have a very unfortunate combination of an unusually heavy "caveman" brow ridge, a low nasal bridge, and a short roman nose. I simply want a more gracile, less angry cro-magnon man primitive look. Since I am only 18, most procedures are way too expensive for me. Could I possibly benefit from an injection of say, Artefill, between the dorsal hump and the brow ridge to help raise the nasal bridge? Would this be a feasible solution?

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+2

From your pictures, it appears that you would be an excellent candidate for a non-surgical rhinoplasty. THis involves injecting filler into the top of your nose. This area, the radix, is very deep and gives you the look you don't like.  I prefer a temporary filler like Radiesse. This lasts about a year and if the results are what you desire, you can then move on to something more permanent like Artifill.  These non-surgical rhinoplasties have become extremely popular in my practice among young men and women who want subtle changes without surgery.

Filler Rhinoplasty - Non-Surgical Nose Job

+2

A filler would be a very good option. One of the benefits is that it is reversible, so you can see how well you like it before making a permanent change. I would use a temporary filler such as Restylane or Juvederm first, going very slowly. As others have mentioned this is an area which has a great risk of necrosis if not done correctly. It may take multiple injections from the same syringe over a few weeks to obtain the desired result. We have the Vectra 3D system, which can simulate the results in three dimensions before performing the procedure. From El Paso.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Filler to straighten the nose

+2

Juvederm kann be used to straighten the nose. The nose will not become smaller, but can look less obvious, if it is straighter. This treatment is of little effort, but can make a big difference. To keep up the effect it has to be repeated 

Robert Kasten, MD
Mainz Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse Injection Rhinoplasty for the Cave Man Nose.

+1

We like Radiesse for this, and have been doing is nearly since it came out under the name Radiance.  The product label warns about it's use on cartilage or bone, as it may ossify and become permanent.  But in the nose, that's a good thing.  We have some results that are 4 years out and still looking good.  IF there is any doubt about if you'd like the result or not, use a HA filler like Restylane first.  It is sure to be temporary and that way you can try before you buy.

Ritu Chopra, MD

Injectable fillers non surgical rhinoplasty

+1
Based on your pictures and age, dermal fillers are a great idea. I would avoid artefill in the nose, but juvederm or radiuses are possible options depending on where in the nose the filler is being injected

Sandy Sule, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for nose

+1

Fillers are only a temporary treatment for a nasal deformity but can be used for that purpose.  A more permanent approach would be a rhinoplasty if that is what you need.

Filler to improve a low nasal bridge

+1

Given your specific situation, a filler would be worth a try. A few things to consider:

• See a physician who has experience with injecting fillers in the nose - this region has its own unique issues
  • Start with a shorter acting and possibly reversible filler such as any of the hyaluronic acid fillers (Restylane, Juvederm, etc).
  • Go easy on the treatments. It is better to under correct then over do it.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse nose job

+1

Radiesse is an excellent filler for creating the illusion of nasal reconstruction by filling the valleys the nose will appear to be straighter.

Dr. Malouf

Peter Malouf, DO
Dallas Dermatologist

Depression at Junction of Nose and Forehead

+1

The depressed angle at the top of your bridge (the naso-facial angle) can be softened with fillers. My choice would be Radiesse. Ultimately, when finances improve, this can be more permanently filled with a graft of your own tissue.

Filler would help, but be careful

+1

While fillers can be used to soften your profile, this is the area at greatest risk for necrosis due to compression of blood vessels between the brows. As a result, I strongly suggest that you do the following: 1. See only a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who does a lot of fillers. 2. Go with Restylane or Juvederm since they can be dissolved if compression occurs.  3. Some Botox or Dysport first into the procerus muscle may reduce the amount of filler needed, lessening the filler complication risk. 4. DO NOT do a filler that cannot be reversed like Artefil.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist