Redness After Mole Removal

I had 3 cauterized moles removed last november. Ive done about 5 sessions of laser treatment, but its still red. Im getting laser treatment from 2 types of lasers. Im not sure what they are called but how long does it take for the redness to go away with this type of treatment. I'm also using a topical Gel called Kitoscell. Thank you.

Redness after a Dermatological Procedure

+2

Redness after a dermatological procedure is very common and almost expected as it is a component of the normal wound healing process.  Typically, redness will fade over 6-12 months after a shave biopsy.  Time is usually the best remedy as other treatment modalities may even exacerbate the problem.  It is advisable to seek the counsel of a board certified dermatologist to evaluate any pigmentary changes or redness following a dermatological procedure.

Houston Dermatologist

Redness after Mole Removal

+1

It is common for redness to fade within a 6 to 12 month period.  During that time, it is fine to use cover it with make-up.  It is also important to wear a good sunscreen over the area as well.  

Sam Naficy, MD