Jowl Swelling After Juvederm Injections

Yesterday, I had juvederm injected around the mouth and smile line areas. The doctor injected a numbing agent prior to the treatment, like a dentist. Today, my right cheek at my jaw line is huge, the left cheek, not as bad, but somewhat. The right side is swollen like a bulldog jowel. And I didn't have jowels before! I left a message for the Dr office,but the office is closed on Friday, and won't reopen until Monday. Any suggestions?

Swelling after juvederm

+1

Swelling does occur in m any cases after injection of juvederm or any other filler product. It will probably improve over the next week or so.  However, you should be able to contact your doctor if you are concerned.

Swelling after juvederm

+1
Enlargement of the jowls to the extent you note would not be possible from volume of migrated filler. It might just be excessive fluid swelling but if you develop a bruise in the area in the next day then you may have a hematoma (collection of blood). Call to see your doctor for reassurance next week but if it gets painful or more swollen see someone tomorrow if you can't have your doctor paged. Don't do bending activities or exercise which will make it swell more.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Swelling after Juvederm

+1

This could be swelling. Apply Ice and get a facial strap (USED IN FACE LIFTS) and wear it for about one to two weeks if th jowles persist then it may be migration of the filler to the jowles. Then you need to disolve it.