What is Causing my Right Eye to Droop? (photo)

I recently went to see a PS about getting blepharoplasty surgery done in it. While i was there the surgeon said there was nothing they could do because there is no fat that can be removed and not enough skin that could be removed to make a difference, and if they did remove skin it would become very tight. Do you have any ideas what could be causing this and is it treatable at all? It is affecting my confidence a lot . Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Brow Asymmetry

+2

The right brow is causing more lateral hooding, and an asymmetric brow lift with surgery or Botox can be performed.

Asymmetrical eyelids

+1

Asymmetry is common in eyelids.  It is usually due to eyebrow position.  Before getting a unilateral eye lift, make sure there is no ptosis when the eyebrows are in a resting position

What is Causing my Right Eye to Droop?

+1

Based on your photos, it seems that the left eye aperture is smaller than the right.  This is called ptosis.  Your brain is trying to lift the droopy left upper eyelid and is doing so by lifting your left eyebrow.  This is causing your right upper eyelid area to seem heavier and making it appear that the right side is droopy.  The first thing you need is an evaluation for the left upper eyelid ptosis. 

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper eyelid ptosis with brow compensation

+1

You have left upper eyelid ptosis (droopy) and that is causing your left brow to be higher because your brain is sending signal to the left brow to help lift the droopy left upper eyelid. What you need is left upper eyelid ptosis surgery. See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

What is Causing my Right Eye to Droop?

+1

Based upon the posted photos you have asymmetric brow hooding. I recommend trying BOTOX first to elevate the hooded brow. If this helps than you avoided a surgery. If no help than consider a unilateral brow lift with minor upper lid blepharoplasty.