What is Causing my Pain 7 Years After Breast Augmentation (Is It Related to Implants)?

BA with 300cc textured, saline implants, under the muscle, incision near the crease of the breasts. I have suddenly developed pain on the outside and bottom of each breast, where the implant is closest to the skin with no breast tissue in between, but stronger in the left. I am not pregnant, have had no injury or heavy lifting, no pain in the breast tissue, and no hardness, tightening, or lumps. It is painful when pressure is applied, or when changing positions, making it difficult to sleep.

Breast Pain After 7 Years Of Surgery

+1

Dear Katie,

Without examinations, it is not possible to attribute your pain to your implants or to any other causing factor.

I encourage you to consult with your surgeon for assessment.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Pain in breasts seven years after augmentation

+1

Hi, your breast pain could be related to the implants and it could be something completely unrelated. please consult with your surgeon or any other qualified plastic surgeon to assess the breasts and implants and to rule out an implant related cause. 

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Pain in breasts in lower pole

+1

Pain in the breasts seven years after surgery can be from many different things. It is hard to say without an exam.

Breast

+1

It sounds to me that you need to be seen by a PS or your PS.You should look into it and make sure there is nothing going on. We can not rule out that the implant is the one causing the pain with out being examined.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS