What Causes White Horizontal Lines on Teeth After Bleaching? Can They Be Removed?

I had teeth whitening today and after 3 whitening sessions I noticed two white horizontal lines on my front teeth that are very obvious.. How can I get rid of them?

No Worries

+1

As you whiten your teeth, the bleach dehydrates them causing all kinds of internal character to show up.  Pay no attention to this as it has always been there, just not noticeable when the teeth are fully hydrated.  Continue with the regimen to get the best whitening results an rest assured that when you complete treatment, these inconsistencies will again blend in but at a much lighter shade. 

Good Luck!

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

The cause of White Horizontal Lines after bleaching

+1

Usually those white lines (decalcification areas) were present prior to the bleaching, but may not have been noticeable. The bleaching makes them even whiter, as it makes the rest of the tooth whiter as well. It will often begin to blend in again after a few days.

New York Cosmetic Dentist