What Causes Scar Tissue in Rhinoplasty?

I just had my third nose job and my doctor said that this time there was a lot of scar tissue he had to remove. I would like to know what causes scar tissue to form and if there is anyway I can prevent it from forming again.

Cause of scar tissue formation after rhinoplasty

+1

Scar tissue formation is a NATURAL reaction of the body to any trauma.  Surgery is a form of trauma to the tissues involved, as it involves cutting and re-arranging.

In your case, having had three surgeries, the body will form more scar tissue with each surgery.  The amount depends on your genetics, and multiple other factors.

Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Scar Tissue after Rhinoplasty

+1

Scar tissue forms after any operation. The severity will vary depending on location in the body and personal tendencies. Follow your surgeon's advice, especially regarding strenuous activity and possibe nasal trauma..Very small amounts of steroids can be injected into areas of scar proliferation.

Scar Tissue Formation

+1

Deposition of scar tissue is a manifestation of healing. While undesirable when it forms in excess, this biologic glue is essential for survival and remodel ling. Imagine what would happen if we were NOT able to heal any ANY wounds. Each individual and every region in the body has its own degree of healing. There is nothing an individual can do to reduce this process.

Scar tissue on the nose.

+1

Scar tissue is a natural result of the healing process and can range depending on the extent and nature of the injury as well as one's own intrinsic or genetic tendency to scar.

Scar Tissue After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Anon,

Scar tissue forms after rhinoplasty as part of the natural healing process. Some patients are more prone to forming excessive scar tissue. Follow your surgeons instructions, avoid excessive sun/ sun burn, and speak with your surgeon about possible Kenalog steroid injections into your nose during the healing period. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD