What causes sagging after a chin bone reduction?

Hello, I had my chin bone vertically reduced and a silicone chin implant inserted in August of this year. I now have a double chin. It's not very noticeable from front view but it is from the sides. I was wondering what causes this? I'm hoping to get my chin implant removed soon and I don't want to make it worse. Thank you for your time!

It happens

+1
Any time the chin is reduced in any dimension, there is a risk of bunching of tissue, particularly under the chin (double chin).  Depending on how your chin looks otherwise, be careful with removing the chin implant, although if it needs to be removed I doubt that it will add to the "double chin" problem.  You can consider other procedures such as tightening of the tissues under the chin and liposuction as well.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon