What Has Caused This Bazaar Crepe Effect on my 46 Year Old Neck and What Procedure Will Fix It? (photo)

Neck lift? Lower face lift? Laser? Thermage? I think surgery is the only way to deal with this and I hate to spend a lot of money on barely noticable treatments when I will not get the results I really want.

What Has Caused This Bizarre Crepey Effect on my 46 Year Old Neck and What Procedure Will Fix It?

+2

A combination neck lift and lower face lift will produce the tightest neck and most improvement in the jowl area.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facelifts, necklifts, and facial procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Crepey (not creepy!) neck skin: options?

+2

Often the skin of the neck can get very loose, wrinkled, inelastic and lax over time.  Tissues of the face often hold up better with aging than the thinner neck tissues where everything seems to settle. Often devoid of hair follicles & oil glands, this skin is not as resilient or hearty. Yes, it gets worse with time & gravity.  :(     Use of lasers & peels, & other heating devices must be done very very cautiously. Some version of a surgical neck lift (lower facelift) can often help. It's important to be realistic that once skin of the neck loses its elasticity (springiness), it cannot really be reclaimed. So talk with your surgeon about the pros & cons of surgery & anticipated duration of its benefits. 

Donn R. Chatham, MD
Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

What will fix my aging neck?

+2

From the picture provided, you would benefit from a lower facelift which includes a necklift. This would address lax muscle and sagging fat in the neck and jowl region and create a more defined neck and jawline. I frequently add fat grafting to the cheeks at the same time in order to provide a more comprehensive, natural, 3 dimensional effect. Consult with at least two experienced facial plastic surgeons for options.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Neck-Jowl Lift for Crepey Neck Skin

+2

Even though you do not have a lot of loose skin, your assumption is correct that skin redraping through some form of a neck-jowl lift would be the most effective approach. Non-surgical treatment only have a role if your need to convince yourself that surgery is the best approach to your neck concerns.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Face/ neck lift for inelastic crepy skin

+2

A comprehensive face/neck lift will address excess skin in the neck, tightening the jowls, along with fat removal  in the neck and tightening up the muscles of the neck.  For best results, it is important to tighten up the skin  in the neck surgically, along with fat removal and tightened the muscles. Please see our  facelift photo gallery link below to see what can be accomplished with a comprehensive face/ neck lift

Face

+2

Your skin on the neck actually does not look too bad. Your cheek skin is showing signs of sun damage. You do have jowl formation. I believe a short scar Macs lift would give you an excellent result. There are multiple skin care products for your skin. You would also do well with a chemical peel, but definitely need the short scar facelift as well. Cost is about $7500.

Respectfully

Peter Fisher MD

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

The Early Aging Neck.

+2

You have the signs of the early aging neck with loose skin and jowls. You need a facelift for this and not just a mini lift to reposition your jowls and remove the excess skin. Choose a very experienced facelift surgeon for this.

A Lower face/neck lift really can improve a person's youthful looks.

+2

Tightening up the lower face along the jawline and the neck can sure improve the area easily and naturally-especially when done under local anesthesia. Cost is roughly $8800 on special and you'll be glad you did. Sincerely,David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Necklift can help crepey / loose skin on the neck

+2

A necklift (done with incisions behind the ear and in the hairline) can certainly help loose and crepey skin in the neck area. There is also always some degree of muscle weakness that can be helped during a necklift as well.

In this picture it is clear that you have some jowls as well, so combining a necklift with a lower facelift would be really nice to help improve all the areas at one time and keep things in natural harmony. The lower facelift also has an added advantage of allowing your surgeon to pull some of the crepey skin upwards. This works very well with a necklift which pulls the crepey skin both upwards and to the side.

In my opinion thermage and lasers simply would not provide enough improvement given the anatomy I am seeing with this picture.

Take care,

Dr. J

Kamran Jafri, MD

What Has Caused This Bazaar Crepe Effect on my 46 Year Old Neck and What Procedure Will Fix It?

+1

From the photo provided this appears to be typical aging tissues of the face and neck.  A face and necklift would address these issues.  You may prefer a minimal incision Facelift with its smaller incisions, less tissue dissection and rapid recovery.