What Would Cause Wounds After Surgery to Still Have Scabs After 3 Months?

I had esophagus surgery on June 13, today is September 15 and I still have scabs that hurt and have a red rim around them. what would cause this? attached are two pictures of two separate wounds. Please advise. thanks. Patricia

Sutures can sometimes cause persistent scabs

+1

It is difficult to tell and I am not a GI surgeon, but sometimes the dermal sutures that placed underneath the skin are 'rejected' by the skin in some patients.  The skin will sometimes try to 'spit' it out and this may result in some scabbing and redness.  My recommendation would be to see the original surgeon and if this is the case, they can easily try to remove it.

Naples Dermatologic Surgeon