What Would Cause my Upper Lip to Turn Itself out After Fat Transfer to Face and Lips?

I can't explain the changes to my face after my fat transfer , my smile changed completely and my lip turns itself out when i smile. I am confused as to why and how the fat injections ,which is the only procedure i consented to , could have disfigured my upper lip so much, is it typical for fat transfer to the lips or was something else done?

Fat Transfer

+1

Fat transfer is not always predictable and the lips are a very difficult area for the fat transfer to behave properly.  I prefer Juvederm for the lips.  Wait for 6 months before doing anything, and it may resolve with time.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Lip Changes after Fat Transfer

+1

The answer to your question depends on how much fat was injected, exactly where it was placed, and how long ago the procedure was done.  Your observations are normal immediately after surgery.

Lip distortion after fat transfer.

+1
You need to ask your surgeon what is going on since only he knows what he did. It is normal for the lips to be swollen for a few weeks after.