What is the cause of pain 1 week after periaerolar lift? Silicone Implants. Mild tuberous breasts. 5'7" 130 lbs started 32b/34a

I had periaerolar lift with silicone implants thru nipple on may 1st. 495 in rt breast, 455 in left placed dual plane below muscle. I am off pain meds. Day 6 I had mild searing pain in left breast. Nurse saw me and wasn't worried. I have no swelling, fever but my breast is sore at bottom and on side still and sore constantly at incision site. Should I be worried? What could this be? What should I do?

What is the cause of pain 1 week after periaerolar lift?

+1
The pain most likely represents neuropraxia of the lateral cutaneous branches of nerves which provide sensation to the breast. If you have any of these systemic signs present along with the pain, such as fever, chills, fatigue, wound drainage, then this is a problem that needs medical attention. The complexity of the case performed suggests that a physician examine you in an urgent fashion.However, pain alone in a dual plane augmentation is not uncommon.When in doubt always demand a physician’s attention.This is the protocol followed in our office, as it should be in all surgeons’ offices.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Pain 6 days after breast augmentation with breast lift

+1
Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your discomfort.   If there is no unusual swelling, bruising, firm pressure or enlargement of the painful breast that it is unlikely that he would have a hematoma which would be an emergency.

More likely by day 6U increased your activity in the motion of your upper arms which can retract the pectoralis muscle which has been surgically elevated to place the implant beneath the muscle.  The initial stages of raising her arms and moving her upper body can cause pain from the muscle incision done during your breast implantation.

However if the pain continues I would insist on being examined by and seen by the physician and not to nurse.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Cause of pain following Mastopexy with implants.

+1
  • Is your breasts look fine there is no unusual swelling then this could be related to nerve return. It is not unusual to have symptoms of burning itching tingling or lightning. If your symptoms continue or worsen I would certainly check with your plastic surgeon.

William G. Hart Jr., MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon