Does Marijuana Really Cause Increased Scar Tissue and Swelling?

Or is this just a scare because you are doctors and you don't want people to smoke. I am 5 weeks post op from an Open revision rhinoplasty and I have smoked marijuana starting at about 3-4 weeks a few times.. I have read online that THC is a vasoDILATOR not a vasoconstrictor, so doesn't that mean it would be good for your recovery? Please elaborate for me. Because I am really scared I increased scar tissue and swelling and I am depressed.

+1

Yes, I believe that it is one of the things that causes the nose to heal very poorly after a Rhinoplasty.  Most likely the chemicals contained within the smoke.