What Can Cause Cartilage Grafts Extrusion (From Nose)?

I have ear cartilage grafts in my nose and I am scared because I read that they can extrude after many years.What can cause extrusion ? And how often does it happen? Is a revision necessary if a cartilage graft extrudes?

Late graft extrusion uncommon

+1

I suppose a graft could become infected and extrude at anytime.  However, if you have not had problems to date, I think it would be unusual for the grafts to begin extruding without any cause.  Now, with that said, synthetic implants (PTFE, silicone, gortex, etc) can become infected long after the primary operation and extrude.