Does It Cause Allergies? About a Year Ago I Broke out in a Rash. Have Been Using Radiesse for 2 Yrs?

Radiesse

+2

The timing of the rash a year after the injection of Radiesse seems unlikely to be related to allergy.  The calcium hydroxyapetite in the Radiesse is a naturally occuring substance in the body.  Swelling immediately after the injection or nodules would be more likely than allergy to the material.  It's always best to check with your doctor.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Rash after Radiesse

+1

If the rash is curiously located only in the areas where Radiesse was injected, this could be an allergic reaction or a latent infection reactivation phenomenon.

Radiesse Allergy

+1

Radiesse is extremely biocompatible, meaning it is extremely unlikely to have an allergic reaction to. In fact, I've never had it happen or seen it happen and I inject more Radiesse than almost anyone in the world. Radiesse is so hypoallergic in fact that we never even allergy test for it. So, it's likely that your rash was simply a coincidence.

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Does Radiesse cause allergies?

+1

I have never hear of people becoming allergic to Radiesse. It certainly would not be common.  A rash can be caused by many things; Topical numbing cream, even ice can cause a skin irritation.  Without more details it is hard to sort out the cause of the rash. This can be discussed with your provider

Sam Naficy, MD

Allergy and Radiesse

+1

In my practice, I have never seen an allergy to Radiesse.  You should consult with your doctor regarding this.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Radiesse and Allergies

+1

Radiesse is made out of calcium hydroxylapatite (a substance found naturally in our bone structure) in a carboxymethylcellose carrier.  Allergy to the first component is not a realistic possibility, but an allergic response to the second is feasible, albeit very rare.  I would first eliminate any environmental and/or skin product possibilities as a cause of the rash before blaming it on the Radiesse.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon