I Caught an Infection with Silicone Butt Implants

I caught an infection and by the 15 day of post-op, I had them removed. The pain started on my right side. The pain was so bad it went down my right leg and I couldn't walk on my right leg.I had to go to the E.R and the doctors told me I caught an infection due to the implants. After surgery, the lab showed the implant was turning grey color. Could all this had happened because of the manufactured implant itself that was bad? Could it had been something wrong with that particular implant itself?

Buttock Implant Infection

+1

Infections can and do occur with any and all types of operations.  The unfortunate thing with infections that also involve an implant is that most of the time the only way to cure the infection is to remove the implants.  The cause of infections are numerous, the lab would have to test the implant more specifically to determine whether it was contaminated before it was even inserted by your surgeon.  Additionally your surgeon can research the lot # on the implant and see if the manufacturer has had other infections with this same lot of implants.  Make sure to ask your surgeon these same questions next time you visit him/her.  Best of luck...RAS