Can I Use Latisse After Cataract Surgery and Restor Lenses?

I had cateract surgery and now have the Restor lenses in both my eyes. Is Latisse safe?

Latisse after cataract surgery & restor lenses

+1

There is no problem in using Latisse after cataract surgery and restor lenses, though I generally advise waiting a minimum of 1 week, and ideally 2 weeks after the surgery. The Latisse will give you lush darker, thicker and longer lashes better than any other product on the market. Note that Latisse is applied in small quantities to the upper eyelash area and very little if any ever gets into the eye.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse & Cataracts

+1

Latisse is safe to use following cataract surgery.  I would advise waiting 6 weeks after the procedure to limit any inflammation that it might cause.

Cary M. Silverman, MD
West Orange Ophthalmologist

You can use Latisse after cataract surgery and Restor lenses

+1

You can use Latisse after cataract surgery and Restor lenses. Latisse should be applied only with the applicator right on the upper area of the lashes. By using the applicator very little of the product, if any, should get in the eye.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Use of Latisse after cataract surgery and Restor lenses

+1

Latisse is used on the eyelid margin but it is possible that some of it gets in the eye. One of the potential sides effects is swelling of the macular or the area of central acuity, which can occur more commonly after cataract surgery.  I would recommend that you seek the care of an eyeMD to determine in your particular situation whether Latisse is recommended.

Sandy Feldman, MD
San Diego Ophthalmologist