Castor Oil for Reducing Subcutaneous Scar Tissue Post Revision Rhinoplasty?

I had a revision rhinoplasty about 15 months ago that involved a lot of reconstruction/refining of the tip, adding height to the dorsum and thinning the supra tip scar tissue. As a result my doctor who is very well known in London had to use collumellar strut, ear cartilage and alloplastic grafts. As of today I have a lot of bulk in the supra tip area under skin and my doctor agrees most of it is scar tissue.

He advised against the steroid injections. How useful can a castor/rosehip/frankincense oil massage be to reduce the internal scar? Thanks.

Suratip swelling after revision rhinoplasty

+1

I would love to see your "BEFORE" and "AFTER" photos! It sounds like your London doctor did all the right things. If your ethnicity is middle-eastern, the swelling could take up to three years to subside; however, I would not hesitate to use a little steroid injection at this time as this has been helpful in my practice. I don't believe that castor oil will help.

Caster oil has no scientific basis for helping, but won't hurt

+1

Scar modification by pressure, massage is possible. Castor oil or other homeopathic treatment, as long as it is not harmfull you can try, no science behind it.

You are 15 monthes after rhionplasty with major super tip deformity then you may need another surgery