Cast Protect Bumps? Itchy Eye Rubbing Disturb Nose?

I had a septo/rhino done about 5 days ago. So far, my toddler bumped his head into my cheek and now i have a huge bruise on my cheek, will this effect anything? Also, my daughter and husband have both bumped my nose, does my cast protect me? Lastly, my eyes are extremely itchy and when i rubbed them i felt my nose moving underneath my cast. Did i disturb anything? I am trying not to itch anymore.

Minor trauma to nose after a rhinoplasty

+1

It is hard to know if you disturbed you nose from these recent traumatic events.  If you are unsure you should check with your plastic surgeon.  It is unlikely that anything happened but you need to be examined to be certain.  

Splint after rhinoplasty

+1

The splint after rhinoplasty is there to control swelling and help mold the nasal bones, not to protect your nose. Rhinoplasty is a significant investment so you should follow all instructions and avoid disturbing the splint during critical stages in healing.

Cast and Healing of Rhinoplasty

+1

The cast acts as a mold to keep your nasal bones aligned and keep swelling down during the normal healing process.  The bruise on your check, and rubbing your eyes should not affect your nose.  It is best to follow up with your Plastic Surgeon for your best result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Purpose of cast and healing process after rhinoplasty

+1

The bruise on your cheek should not affect the healing of the nose. Your cast acts as a mold to keep the bones aligned during the normal healing process and minimize swelling. It does not necessarily protect you from injury or from disturbing the bones themselves. Hopefully, the bumps were not hard and did not disturb anything but there is no guarantee. On the other, rubbing your eyes should not disturb anything.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD