Cast pressed too hard, depression made, and ridge now present behind it. 2 weeks after surgery? (photo)

Will it resolve naturally? I am 2 weeks post surgery and you can see where my nose looks pressed in where the doctor pinched the cast too hard. Also a bony ridge is now present behind it. Will it resolve naturally?

Cast pressed too hard, depression made, and ridge now present behind it. 2 weeks after surgery?

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

+1

Much TOOOO early to comment. You need to wait at least 3 months post operate.. Best to discuss these issues with your surgeon IN PERSON.//

Healing after rhinoplasty

+1

It is hard to tell answer your question without physically touching the nose to examine for swelling. However, I will tell you that it is not uncommon to get a ridge behind the cast from swelling that is present outside of the cast area. If it is due to swelling, this should resolve within 6 weeks of the surgery. I would return to see your surgeon for your scheduled follow-ups and discuss any concerns you may have.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD