Cast Metal and Resin Bridge, Normal for a Permanent Fixed Bridge?

Can anyone give advice. I have just found out that my fixed dental bridge on 4 implants is a made of cast metal and resin. Is this usual for a permanent fixed bridge. This is a replacement a few years ago due to a fracture of the initial bridge. I would also like to know if porcelain or ceramic teeth can be fixed to an acrylic fused to metal bridge. I was under the impression I paid for a ceramic fused to metal and not acrylic.

Cast metal and Resin Bridge

While we typically place porcelain rather than acrylic on our restorations, there might have been a good reason your dentist decided to use acrylic. It might have something to do with your "bite" against the opposing teeth. ASK HIM!