How long does it take the belly button to completely close? (photos)

I'm 4 1/2 weeks post op from a tt with Lipo and muscle repair. My incision looks wonderful. However, my bb still has not closed completely. I also have some drainage still. I'm going on vacation in 5 weeks and worried I won't be able to swim. So how long does it take to completely close and heal?

Belly button closing

+1

I would talk to your plastic surgeon and let them know your concerns. You look like there is some delayed healing around your belly button wound. Sometimes it takes a little bit of extra time for certain areas to heal. I would check with your surgeon and long as they are not concerned with infection then it may take a couple more weeks. It may not be a good idea to go swimming in 5 weeks unless your plastic surgeon says its ok. Good luck

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

+1
Having some delayed healing is not uncommon after tummy tuck. Not knowing what exactly you had done intraoperatively, it is very difficult to answer this question. Your best option is to visit with your plastic surgeon and determine the expected course.

Hope that helps,
CDK

Christopher D. Knotts, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon