1 year post op of Rhinoplasty, are alar rim grafts enough? (photos)

I had a rhinoplasty last year , my nostrils are collapsed now. doing some research and notices that sometimes alar rim grafts are used to correct the problem at times, and other grafts like crural strut grafts on other cases. in my case, are alar rim grafts enough? I ve attached a picture of my nostrils now , and picture of nostril revision results I like. how can get the same result. thank you

1 year post op of Rhinoplasty, are alar rim grafts enough?

+1
   If there is true collapse, which can only be evaluated with an exam in the dynamic phase, then cartilage grafting may be appropriate.

Revision for Collapsed Nostrils

+1
Your limited pictures display only the base of your nose which only show one portion of the problem. An analysis of the problem requires a full examination to figure out where the cause of the obstruction is and how it is affecting your breathing. It is not merely a cosmetic correction but also functional. There is a difference also between dynamic and static views. A collapse of your nostrils with deep inspiration would give some information on the strength of the lateral crural support. An alar rim graft may or may not be adequate. An alar batten graft or lateral crural stut graft will provide more support than an alar rim graft, but a full examination will determine which technique is best for you. Also, operative reports from your previous surgeon would be helpful for any future surgical planning.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Ala grafts

+1
I agree with Dr Fleming that an examination is needed and possible review of your operative note and preoperative photos before making recommendations

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Will Alar Rim Grafts Correct My Nostrils?

+1
I cannot answer your question with just these pictures. I need to at least see a front view to evaluate the collapse. Are there associated breathing problems; if so, where's the obstruction? As you have learned, alar rim grafts or crural struts will probably be necessary.

+1
Based on your photos, cartilage grafts to your alar rim should solve your problem.  Consult with A Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is highly experienced in Rhinoplasty surgery for your best result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD