Safety of Brazilian Butt Lift & Multiple Procedures Over 40? (photo)

Im 43, 180, 5'8 (ideal between 155-170), c-section at 22. I want BBL, Full TT & Thigh Lift. Ive seen where ladies get multiple procedures at once & wondering about safety & how grueling the healing process is? Been pretty tough over the years (8 car & 2 motorcycle accidents, 18 hours of labor, 20+ hours tattoo sessions). However Im not as sturdy as I used to be. Would multiple procedures be too risky? If not, would my healing process be harder versus someone younger? Am I a good BBL candidate?

Safety of Brazilian Butt Lift & Multiple Procedures Over 40?

+2

You are a good candidate for the Brazilian buttlift.  I would consider performing tummy tuck at the same time as the Brazilian buttlift provided you are healthy.    I would not perform thigh lift as well as I think that is too much from both a surgical time and from a recovery perspective.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Multiple procedures and age

+1

There are many factors that go into determining the answer to your question. Sometimes multiple procedures can be performed on healthy patients.

BBL and combo surgery

+1

I would likely recommend you consider just the BBL and tummy procedures only.   The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options. 

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

+1

Age doesn't need to be a problem as long as you are healthy . Most patients undergo surgery on their 40s .

All your pre op evaluations have to be in normal ranges in order to have one or more procedures 

It looks like you are a good candidate for Lipo + BBL and TT . I only recommend thigh lift when there is a lot of loose skin , it doesn't look like its your case . Maybe a little liposuction of inner thighs will do it for you .

Best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD