Cartilage Strength After Septorhinoplasty?

Hello. Just over 2 years ago I had a septorhinoplasty. Recently I've had a few minor knocks to the nose, but nothing that caused any pain. I've noticed a small rounded swelling on one side of the tip - but I'm not sure if I'm just paranoid and am getting overly anxious! My question - how strong would the cartilage be at this stage, and how easy would it be to damage it? Thank you.

Cartilage strength

+2

Generally speaking the cartilage in your nose is as strong as it was before your operation.  There are a couple of good studies demonstrating this.  It will take just as much force to significantly damage your nose as in anyone else's nose.  However, if you do actually break your nose in an accident, then it is somewhat harder to repair as your nose has been previously operated.  However any competent revision rhinoplasty surgeon could deal with this relatively easily.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

You should go back to the Rhinoplasty Surgeon that did your Rhinoplasty as this could be a ruptured internal suture  or disrupted cartilage graft.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com