Cartilage from Revision Rhinoplasty Made Bridge Too Narrow

My Doctor added cartilage from my ear to build up the bridge, which was too low from a surgery years ago. It's too straight, and much narrower than the rest of my bridge, not natural. Wouldn't ear cartilage always be thin? He didn't want to go back and soften it.

Nose too narrow?

+1

It is extremely difficult to answer your questions without seeing your photos or examining you – it would be very helpful to post images showing your areas of concern

Ear Cartilage for Nasal Bridge Augmentation

+1

Ear cartilage is frequently used for augmenting the nasal bridge. When thickness is desired, the cartilage can be stacked or diced. If you're not satisfied, the source of the cartilage is not the problem. More cartilage or fascia can be used to add height, contour, or fullness. 

Cartilage or Macroplastique for the nasal bridge

+1

Cartilage is great to add to the bridge of a nose - either from the ear or nasal septum.  Of course, it must be properly prepared and placed.  Often times, thicker septal cartilage is trimmed thinner and ear cartilage layered or rolled to increase thickness.  Another wonderful option is injectable Macroplastique - perfect for augmenting the nasal dorsum.  Usually, several small injections are done in the office with just local anesthesia over a period of a few months to get the optimal result. 

Randy J. Buckspan, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

To build the bridge of the nose you have several options depending on the severity of the low bridge. Ear cartilage can be used as diced or if you can find a straight part used as a whole. It is thin and it is good when you do not need much elevation of the bridge.

Rib cartilage is thicker and longer and can be carved.

Implants are also available and some can be carved to the thickness and length and width you need .