Do I need cartilage removed on the right side of my nose? I have a deviated nose tip and was wondering what would be done to fix

Nasal Nuance

+3

An appropriately planned and executed septorhinoplasty must address your existing deviated septal cartilage and also reconstruct your upper lateral & lower lateral cartilages.  Your internal naval valve is at risk.  It's not rocket science, but finding a facial surgeon who possesses a thorough understanding of nasal reconstructive anatomy with tons of rhinoplastic surgical experience will most likely give you the best result.  Consult an experienced Facial Cosmetic Surgeon who knows noses!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is cartilage removal necessary?

+2

A thorough examination of your nose would really be necessary to provide you with the best advice. After seeing your nose in person, it would be possible to determine what would help fix your nose during surgery.  The cause of the deviation would be a factor.  Cartilage may need to be removed or possibly added for support depending on your individual circumstances.   Thank you and I hope this helps.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Best Treatment for Deviated Nose Tip

+2

Hi Gold B,

Your nose is crooked toward your right.  Examination of your nose internally will likely reveal a deviated nasal septum (the center divider of your nose).  Many times correcting the deviated septum will straighten out the nose externally.  After correction of the septum, if your nose is still crooked on the operating table then appropriate measures can be carried out to adjust your nasal cartilages and if necessary bones to give you a straighter appearing nose.  Be sure to have many consultations and choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.  Best,

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

+2

Yes a Rhinoplasty would be able to address the nasal tip asymmetry that includes the upper lateral cartilage on that side as well.  

Correcting a VERY Deviated Nose Tip

+2

There is an adage in Plastic Surgery "Where the Septum goes - so does the Tip". This is seemingly the case with your nose; A significant septal deviation associated with nasal tip deformity. Correction would require repositioning of the septum in the midline (using one of several techniques) and refinement of the nose tip. You should consult several Plastic surgeons to learn what your options may be .

Good Luck

Peter A Aldea, MD
Memphis, TN

Nasal reshaping

+2

It looks like your septum is very deviated and you may have asymmetry of the tip. An exam in person would  be helpful.

Devation of tip

+2

It appears both the septum as well as the lower and upper cartilages are deviated.. Allof these must be repositioned to fix the problem but te exact surery will be determined by your surgeon.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Asymmetrical, Deviated Nose

+2

It appears that you have both deviation and asymmetry of your nose and tip. Your rhinoplasty will probably involve both repositioning of the cartilage as well as some cartilage removal. After a physical examination, you would know before surgery.

Fixing deviated nose tip

+1

It appears that there is a convexity and excess cartilage on the patient’s right side.  There is also a concavity of cartilage on the patient’s left side.  The best way to treat this is to shave down some of the cartilage on the patient’s right side and either use that cartilage or harvest another small portion of septal cartilage for a spreader graft to be placed on the patient’s left side.  This will balance the nose and any breathing issues on the left side will also be improved.