Cartilage Graft in Nose to Correct Dimple?

I had rhinoplasty about 10 years ago after I broke my nose. Recently, I noticed a dimple/depression on the left side of nose (near turbinate). Not sure what caused it, but my ps recommended a cartilage graft. It's been about a week and the dimple has improved, but is not fully gone. It's especially evident when I smile or scrunch my face up/ Wondering if it will get better with time? Or is this an indication of my perm results?

A Cartilage Graft for a Dimple Following a Rhinoplasty Would Work- But Filler May Be a Better Option

+1

While a cartilage graft should work for your dimple, I would recommend starting with a small amount of filler into the area. Given that the dimple sounds like it is changing, a temporary solution (the filler) might be the best initial option. If you like the results of the filler, and the dimple returns when the filler wears off, a cartilage graft would then make sense. Good luck.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose Simple Correction

+1

For the persistent indentation, divot or dimple after rhinoplasty (one year or more postop), an injectable filler or a cartilage graft can provide a correction. You may consider an injectable filler approach first because it is easily and quickly done and only consider a cartilage graft if the filler material does not persist. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Cartilage Graft Results

+1

It is very early to assess the results of the cartilage graft you had.

Dimples are usually treated either via the surgical approach (permanent) or through a non-surgical approach: the fillers (temporary).

I recommend that you be a little more patient and to make sure that you follow your surgeon's instructions religiously.

Usually, it take up to a year for the final results to be established regardless of the size of the graft.

Thank you for your question/post.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Dimple

+1

Too soon, but there are many types of grafts to repair true divots and irregularities: after one year of healing time, regarding rhinoplasty.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Cartilage Graft to Correct Dimple

+1

First I would want to examine you to try to determine the cause of the dimple. This is unusual 10 years after your rhinoplasty. A cartilage graft or a filler can be used to eliminate the dimple.

Cartilage Graft to Nasal Dimple

+1

You are to soon in the recovery phase to determine any results at this time. Give this several months to heal and follow up with your surgeon during this process so that you may have your questions answered and give you some peace of mind during this waiting period.Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Cartilage Graft in Nose to Correct Dimple

+1

You will have to wait for the healing process to complete which is between 9-12 months. Occasionally, excessive swelling may exaggerate the dimpling.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon