Cartilage Bump Recurring After Revision Rhinoplasty?

I had small bump recurr on the left mid upper portion of the nose 3 months post op, then had a revision to get rid of it, which resulted in 2 new bumps on the nose. Is a 3rd surgery needed or unnecessary and will result in a bump again? Thank you.

Bumps after rhinoplasty

+1

It is not an uncommon occurence. If you absolutely cant live with it then you must do something. Personally I would wait it out

Contour irregularities following rhinoplasty.

+1

Convex contour irregularities over the bridge of the nose are one of the most common problems following rhinoplasty.  Several factors can be at play contributing to these prominences:

• bone fragments
  • cartilage fragements
  • cartilage bossing
  • soft tissue scarring

Your surgeon would be the best person to discuss what may be the underlying cause in your specific case.  Additionally, it would be worthwhile to solicit some other opinions at this point

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bumps after rhinoplasty revision

+1

Sorry to hear that, but sometimes after shaving down bumps, th ebone heals and forms little bony spurs or knots or bumps as you say. Hard to say without an exam and knowing what was done.