Cartilage Bump in Nose?

kind of gross but its now 10 days since my surgery, and i have a lot of "bumps" in my nose that i think are cartilage. ive kind of been pocking and probing them with a qtip for super long that theyre really close to coming out but i just realized now that its not blood clumps.. its cartilage. i have ALOT everywhere, mostly around the tip of my nose. its disgusting and i can feel it anytime i put my finger lightly inside my nostrils. why do i have so much?! will it go away?

Cartilage Bump in the Nose

+1

It's generally a bad idea to touch the inside of your nose this early after surgery unless expressly instructed to do so by your surgeon. There can be a lot of debris in the nose after surgery and it may be just making it's way out. In any case, you should relay your concerns to your surgeon and he or she should be able to see you in order to allay your concerns. Good luck.

Michael Kim, MD

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Palpable bumps after rhinoplasty

+1

You should not pick at your nose.  You could open the wound and increase the chance of infection.  You may be feeling a suture or the incision line.  Have your surgeon evaluate you to determine the cause .  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Probing after rhinoplasty

+1

My advise would be to let well alone.  The healing process needs to take place and the surgeon or his staff should be the only one probing the nose. The risk is that yuor assessment of what is happeneing may not be the correct one.  Contact yuor surgeon and discuss it with him

Jeremy Hunt

Web reference: http://www.drjeremyhunt.com.au

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Leave your nose alone

+1

I would leave your nose alone this early after surgery.  It would be very unlikely that what you are feeling is cartilage it is more likely to be internal sutures that are will dissolve over time. .  

Intranasal Sutures After Rhinoplasty

+1

Leave your nose alone.  You are 10 days post op.  Most likely, you are feeling sutures that have not desolved.  Rhinoplasty is a delicate and complex procedure.  Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon, and he will guide you as you heal.  Best wishes for a quick recovery!

Intranasal Sutures after Rhinoplasty

+1

You should not be poking around inside your nose at 10 days after your rhinoplasty. What you are seeing/feeling is not cartilage but the dissolveable sutures used to close the intranasal incisions. They often get 'bigger and are more noticeable as they have clotted blood on them. Leave them alone and let them go away on their own.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

DO NOT probe in and around your new nose right after your rhinoplasty!

+1

Listen, you cannot probe in and around your nose deliberately right after surgery.  Rhinoplasty is a meticulous and delicate procedure and let your plastic surgeon assess and reassure you.  The bumps are most likely little suture knots; most of us use dissolving 'gut' sutures and multiple knots are required to close the internal mucosa.  Those may require 1-3 weeks to dissolve.  Those knots are often mixed with dry blood, making them feel even bigger.  DO NOT probe any longer and see your board-certified plastic surgeon.  Hope this helps!  Toronto Rhinoplasty Plastc surgeon Dr. Marc DuPere  416.929.9800