How Much Would Cardio Alone Reduce my Face/neck if Any? Considering Chin Implant? (photo)

I have always thought my double chin and puffy-looking lower cheeks was due to my broad head shape and lots of fat, but exploring before and after pics of people who underwent chin augmentation makes me think otherwise. Closer inspection of my head and neck reveals a very weak and sloped chin. I do have a bit of belly fat; if I try intense cardio for a couple of months do you think my neckline or cheeks or both can improve at least a little bit??? Here are the pics:

Will cardio alone help enhance my profile?

+1

In general, weight loss and a healthy lifestyle lead to less body fat. As a result, there is less fat on your face. But not always. Sometimes, there are stubborn areas where exercise alone does not seem to make a difference. From your photos, it appears you are an ideal candidate  for a chin implant and possibly submental/jowl liposuction. A chin implant will help strengthen the appearance of the jawline, and lead to an overall enhanced effect. I recommend a consultation with a board certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon. Look for one who uses computer imaging software to give you an idea of how your profile may appear after surgery. I have a feeling you will love the results.  Good luck.

Ideal Candidate for Chin Augmentation Cardio Alone will Not Help

+1

Dear Mircea,

You are an ideal candidate for Chin Augmentation. while cardio is helpful for your overall weight and health it will not help with your chin. You need a Chin Augmentation to correct your weak chin. It is a simple procedure that takes approximately thirty minutes and has a very high level of patient satisfaction. If you go on my website you can see many before and after photographs to give you an idea of how much this helps your profile and facial aesthetics. On male patients especially this is a very life changing procedure as the weak chin is not synonymous with a strong jawline most men perceive as masculine. I use a digital imaging computer on my Chin Augmentation consultations which allows me to show them the proposed surgical result. This is very helpful in Chin surgery to see the dramatic difference a procedure can make. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Exercise Not Corrective of Deficient Chin

+1

Although exercise might help improve your neck line profile a little, your main problem is a "weak" chin. A chin augmentation with or without liposuction beneath your chin will give you the best result.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Weight loss and profile changes

+1

It is difficult to answer this question.  Some people lose weight in their face, some in their tummy, hips, thighs etc...everyone is different.  I would think that significant weight loss would affect your neck contour somewhat, but probably not significantly.  Think of you neck skin as a tent that is lacking some support by a small chin.  Try losing the weight, if that does not help a chin implant with possibly some neck liposuction will improve things.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant versus excercise

+1

Chin augmentation is the answer to improving your appearance. There is no way excersie will improve your condition.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin augmentation will balance proportions the best

+1

Hello, and thanks for your question. While cardio will definitely improve your heart health, you have a very weak chin (microgenia) and adding projection in this area will go far to balance your facial proportions. If your teeth fit together reasonably well and you are not planning orthognathic surgery, a chin implant is a fairly straight-forward and permanent way to accomplish this. Morphing is possible to show you what realistic results you can expect. Good luck!

Catherine Winslow, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon