I Have Been Told That an Explantation with Capsulectomy Could Cause More Tissue Loss?

I am due to have silicone implants removed in one week.They are 250cc and been in for 7 years. I am 47yrs old or young!! I have developed a capsular contracture on one side and think this is a grade 2-3. I have also had breast cysts which became infected 5 months ago. I also have some autoimmune symptoms. For these reasons i asked surgeon if he would perform capsulectomies but he said this would make me lose more of my own tissue and i dont have a lot! Is this tissue loss inevitable. Help asap?!

Breast Implant Removal and Capsulectomy?

+2

Generally speaking, unless the breast implant capsules have thickened and/or are otherwise symptomatic, there is no indication to have them removed. On the contrary, capsulectomy  can expose you to additional risks, such as bleeding and minimal size loss. 

Sometimes patients request removal of the breast implant capsules ( if they feel that this should be done in an effort to improve “autoimmune symptoms”);  in these cases I usually do remove the capsule  for them.

Capsule removal

+1

The capsule removal can cause a slight reduction in the amount of tissue you have left after surgery but it is usually not too significant.

Removal of Breast Implants

+1

Having the breast capsule removed will cause little to no difference in breast size after surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Breast implant removal

+1

Breat implants can cause presure on the breast tissue. After 7 years of having breast implants, the breast has aged and changed over the 7 yeras. Removal of breast implants without replacement should do a total capulectomy, this will require a longer incision, and can remove the implant and the capsule with minimal loss of fat. Using the Harmonic scalpelwill make the reoval of the capsule with minimal loss of faty tissue from the breast. But can not reverse the aging process without a lift  and a smaller breast.