Capsulorraphy Question?

I bottomed out on my right (1,5 cm lower) and had a capsulorraphy done yesterday. The implant stayed in and the docter just opened the crease under my breast, made the pocket smaller and raised my crease. Now everything is taped so I can't really see it good enough, but it looks like he made my breast much smaller, like 3/4 of what it used to be. I read that some docters overdo the sawing on purpose, but this looks really small, is it possible he cut too much and can it loosen in a while? Thanks

Capsulorraphy Question?

+2

If the surgeon left the same implant in and simply did a capsullorhaphy, no tissue would have been removed, and there should not be a volume change. Patience, reevaluate when you can actually see the breast.

All the best. 

Change in volume after capsulorrhaphy

+1

I think you are very early in the healing process.  It is best not to rush to judgment.  Given that just a capsulorrhaphy was done, it is unlikely that you would sustain a change in volume.  The change in volume may simply be due to swelling.  Speak with her plastic surgeon and follow his or her directions carefully.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Concerns after Capsulorraphy Surgery?

+1

Although your concerns/ questions are understandable,  your best bet is to continue to exercise patience. As you mention in your question, you are not getting a full view of your breasts at this point. Again, patience and close follow-up with your plastic surgeon are in your best interests.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be very pleased with the outcome of the revisionary breast surgery performed.