Is capsulectomy always necessary?

I had my implants removed two weeks ago after 13 years. The surgeon just removed them, it would be a piece of cake he said since there was no hardening whatsoever. My breast now have two different sizes, a spoon of pudding and size A. He took away some liquid, that's it. My nipples are sagging inwards and what's left is some pudding floating around. Is it going to heal nicely this way? Or should I do something in particular to prevent scarring like massage, sports, nipplette, ... All advice is welcome.

Is capsulectomy always necessary?

+1

Generally speaking, unless the breast implant capsules have thickened and/or are otherwise symptomatic, there is no indication to have them removed. On the contrary, capsulectomy can expose you to additional risks, such as bleeding and minimal size loss.

Having said that, I often remove a small segment of capsule tissue when removing breast implants with the hope that this maneuver will help with fluid resorption (and help prevent seroma formation). I usually use drains also.

What your breasts will look like after explantation depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back), the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation).

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Patience is definitely indicated after removal of breast implants; it will take many months for the skin to “bounce back” and for you to see the final appearance of the breasts.  In the meantime, I would suggest that you contained a follow-up to a plastic surgeon on a frequent basis;  he/she will be in the best position to rule out and treat complications such as fluid accumulation,  and will be in the best position to provide you with meaningful reassurance.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Implant removal

+1
It is difficult to comment without seeing your pre-op photos or your photos after surgery.  However,  it will take several weeks for the breasts to settle down.