How Much Does a Capsulectomy Usually Cost? is Surgery Done Only on the One Breast?

Cost varies

+1

The cost of any surgery is varies based on the location and the doctor you choose to go with.  Please don't choose your doctor based on price but rather based on his/her work and results.  The best way to choose a plastic surgeon is to look at the results of similar surgery you are interested in by viewing the before/after photos; when viewing the photos make sure they show you at least three views from each patient (front, quarter turn and profile views) and that they show you the photos of at least 15 patients. 

Capsulectomy Breast Surgery and Costs?

+1

Difficult to give you precise answer in that much will depend on exactly what is necessary in your case. Also, pricing will depend on the extent of surgery necessary as well as the specific practitioner/location.

You will be best off doing your due diligence carefully  in the selection of plastic surgeon.  Only in person consultation will provide you with the detailed information you should obtain prior to making any decisions about proceeding with surgery.
I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate him on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  
I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery;  keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

Capsulectomy of One Breast

+1

The capsulectomy of one breast will require removal of that implant and replacement with a new one.  The difference in cost between saline and silicone will be a determinant in cost.  A saline remove and replace of one breast with capsulectomy may cost $3000 or $3500.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Capsulectomy

+1

The price for a capsulectomy will vary depending upon the complexity of the procedure, and the area of the country where you have the surgery.

Capsulotomy fees

+1

If there is a capsular contracture on only one side, then the surgery should be unilateral.  Occasionally, when a patient has had implants for many years, she will opt to have both replaced in one procedure.  Fees will vary depending on the geographical location, whether you are returning to your original surgeon or seeing someone for the first time, and facility charges.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

+1

If the capsular contracture involved only one breast, capsulectomy will usually be done only on that side. 

Fees may be comparable to a breast augmentation fee. If you are going back to your own surgeon it may be a little less.

All the best.