Capsule Contractor After 6 Weeks Surgery, What Should I Do?

My new breast get harder every day even I massage it twice a day for 20 minutes each, I have history of capsule contractor in the past , this is my third implant with same problem even I get smaler implant size each time! My im implant is over th muscle ! Is any thing you can help me without going under surgery? I heard about aspen treatment! Do know any place do that in orange county? Please, help! Thaks. I don't want to go back to my own surgeon!

Recurrent Capsular Contracture

+2

Hi there-

I'm sorry to hear about your problems- I know that recurrent capsular contracture can be very frustrating...

I am not a big believer in the ASPEN treatment, although I do know that a small minority of patients do claim benefit- but most of these had only minor contractures.

It is also important for you to understand that while I understand you would (for obvious reasons) like to avoid further surgery, placing new implants under your muscle would significantly reduce your risk.

Recurrent capsular contracture

+2

Muchidon: Sorry to hear about your problems.  The ASPEN treatment is external ultrasound performed by Physical therapist, designed to modify the scar tissue around the implant.  The results are inconsistent at best.  Discuss your concerns with your PS and ask whether revision, replacing the implants to the subpectoral plane +/- Alloderm or Strattice may benefit you.  I've had success with this technique.  Alternatively, you may ask your PS about Singulair.  This medication is indicated for seasonal allergy but is occasionally used, in an off-label application to modify the scar capsule.  The success rate is about 50%, in cases like yours.  Regrets that the news isn't better.  Good luck.

Lavinia Chong, MD