Capsulatomy 3 Weeks PO, Will It Continue To Heal? (photo)

I just had revision to fix contracture 3 weeks ago and lowered pocket an inch however looks exactly the same as before surgery. Will this correct.over time?

Capsular Contracture

+1

Hello Flgirl3802-

Yes, your left side does appear too high...probably from a recurrent contracture and/or not being lowered enough. Lowering an implant by performing an inferior capsulectomy is not as simple as one might think as the implant can be released too much or not enough. If the implant continues to stay too high for the next couple months (give it this time as it could possibly relax more), it will need to be revised again. If your previous breast aug scar is along the lower breast fold, strongly consider having the capsulectomy performed through an inferior areolar incision, as it is allows a surgeon to open the lower breast pole better and circumvents the natural tendency of the lower breast fold scar from contracting. There is no real increased risk of sensory nerve damage from this approach versus the inferior breast fold incision. Good luck to you.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric infra mammary fold will not correct themselves with time.

+1

I don't think the asymmetric position of the infra mammary fold will improve with time. My guess is that a revision might be necessary.

Capsulatomy 3 Weeks PO, Will It Continue To Heal?

+1

Given that your surgery was only three weeks ago it is very likely that the “lowered” pocket will become more evident as the breast implant “settles” into the pocket. Your plastic surgeon may have advice for you regarding massage/displacement exercises.

Best wishes; hopefully the symmetry will improve over the course of the next several months and you will be pleased with the longer-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Capsulotomy 3 Weeks PO, Will It Continue To Heal?

+1

Yes, healing will take several months and you must wait this long to see the final result. Just be patient as this will not be your final result.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Surgery to Lower breast but looks same?

+1

Dear FLgirl,

Thank you for your post.  This is hard to answer as we did not do your surgery.  This depends on what was done to lower the fold, and what was found during surgery.  There is nothing to do about it at this point other than any compression strap that your surgeon may recommend. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Capsulotomy looking the same

+1

Can't tell you since I did not do your surgery, but if it was a small change, the skin will most likely flatten out with time if the fold was corrected.