Possibly lifted weights too soon after saline implants. One nipple is higher now. Is this capsular contracture? (photo)

I got saline implants November 2009. I weight lift, and probably did chest exercises sooner then I should have. I didn't really notice how one nipple sits way higher then another one until I saw a picture of it.

Augmentation mammoplasty and capsular contracture

+1

You definitely have assymetrical breasts . Most of human beings are not perfectly symmetrical before under going surgery.  However, if you had symmetrical breasts before surgery, either one of your implants have moved/displaced because of returning too soon to your weight lifting or you have formed asymmetrical capsular contractures . A visit to your plastic surgeon will give you the answer & would suggest proper treatment.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Capsular contacture means a firm stiff breast implant

+1

One of the visible signs of capsular contracture is an implant which tends to round up and move higher in the breast, however for the presence of a contracture the breast must be very firm and stiff and can be at times uncomfortable to lay on. Your nipple position can have other causes if the implants are soft on both sides, and your before pictures may carry a clue.

peterejohnsonmd

You do not have capsular contracture

+1

The pictures show that your left implant is displaced. The reason is the detachment of the pectoralis muscle from the sternum.This  causing the implant to bottom out and the nipple to shift . You will need revision of the pocket and reattaching of the pectoralis muscle.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

From the pictures you posted it looks as though the implants are symmetrically placed on your chest but that you have asymmetric skin envelopes.  It is the skin asymmetry that accounts for the nipple asymmetry. Reviewing rpe-op pictures should reveal this.

Adjustment can be performed to normalize nipple areolar complex position, but this will require additional scars around each areola. 

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Capsular Contracture of Breast Implants

+1

It looks like you may have some component of capsular contracture.  However, without examining you in person, it is impossible to know for sure.  A revision surgery would likely have a nice difference.  Switching the implants to below the muscle (if they are currently above), removing any contracture tissue and a mini lift to improve areolar symmetry is what I would suggest.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Nipple asymmetry

+1

Nipple asymmetry is quite common, but some are more severe than others.It would be nice to see pre-op pictures to make an assessment.

Capsular contracture can cause breast asymmetry

+1

Based on the photos alone, it is difficult to say for sure if you have capsular contracture. You do have a noticeable asymmetry between your nipple position, however the actual implant location appears fairly symmetrical. I would imagine you had some asymmetry before surgery; this would be easy to identify by seeing your "before" photos. The breast(s) will feel quite hard if you have capsular contracture.

Capsular contracture can be diagnosed by seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a complete evaluation. You may require revisional surgery to remove the scar tissue and reposition the implants.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Breast asymetry

+1

i am willing to bet that if you look at your preop pictures, you will see differences in your breasts.  as i tell my patients, what you give me is what you get only bigger

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry can be corrected.

+1

Hi.

1)  Your right breast implant is higher than your left.  This asymmetry of the implants may well be due to capsular contracture. It makes your right nipple look even lower.

2)  Your right nipple was probably somewhat lower before you had any surgery (congenital).

3)  This can be improved with a capsulectomy and a "crescent"  breast lift above your right nipple.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Nipple assymetry usually pre-exists breast augmentation

+1

Breast augmentation typically does not effect nipple position very much. Its possible that you've always had some nipple position assymetry, but never noticed this issue until you really started paying attention to your breasts after your augmentation. Capsular contracture can change nipple position when it is severe - but this might not be the issue your are dealing with. A physical exam would help to answer the question.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS