Do I Have a Capsular Contracture?! (photo)

Hi, I am only 2,5 weeks post-op, but..for the past 2 weeks my left boob is much smaller and higher located than the right one.I wore a strap really tight for a few days in a row). It was painful so I stopped(read that it may cause bottoming out). Left muscle seems to be more contracted and is higher than the right(perhaps because of the strap) and my lefty is extremely soft in comparison with the right one. Is that the 1st phase of capsular contracture?Should I keep wearing a strap? Thank you!!

Wait

+1

No you don't have capsular contracture; the best thing to do is to wait another 3 to 4 months until they are more healed.  

Too early

+1

From the photo, the results seem quite even for now. It's still quite early and you still have a significant amount of swelling. Would recommend being patient for now since even if you do have a capsular comtracture, most likely nothing will be done for at least another two months. The breasts seem equal and in good position in the photo. Ask you doctor about proper massage if there is some small asymmetry.

Patrick Hsu, MD, FACS

Concern 2 1/2 weeks after breast augmentation

+1

Since you're only 2 1/2 weeks out from surgery, be patient. Patients always have some degree of swelling after breast augmentation and this swelling can be worse in one breast vs. the other. As you heal, your breast shapes and volumes will even out. If you still have concerns, schedule a follow up appointment with your plastic surgeon for reassurance. Thanks for sharing your question and photo. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD