Have I Got Capsular Contracture Again? (photo)

I'm 1yr post op on my second breast augmentation after getting capsular contracture the first time around my right implant was changed and my surgeon gave me a breast lift as well in the second op my question is my left boob looks lower than my right have I got capsular contracture again in my right breast or does my left need lifting a bit more both breasts r soft and I can move implants round in there pockets my right 1 doesn't move as well as my left though

Capsular Contracture?

+2

Capsular contracture is very difficult to evaluate without a physical exam.  If the breasts are soft and pliable, capsular contracture is not likely.  Additional lifting may be necessary in this instance.

Breast capsule again

+2

If you've had a capsular contracture once, you are at a higher risk of recurrence.  If both breasts are soft, it is unlikely that you have a capsular contracture, unless it is very early.  Continue implant massage and displacement, and consult your plastic surgeon.

Dennis Dass, MD

Asymmetry of the breasts after augmentation and breast lift is not necessarily the result of capsular contracture.

+2

The breasts in the photographs demonstrate significant breast asymmetry. The pictures don't seem to demonstrates capsular contracture. It's possible that the breasts need some revisional surgery for correction. This should be discussed with your plastic surgeon.

Capsular contracture

+1

if your breasts are soft you dont have a contracture. having done a lift on the right will create the assymetry you see. probably need to lift the left

Joseph A. Russo, MD
Newton Plastic Surgeon

Capsular contracture

+1

It would be best to revisit your surgeon so a full examination can be provided.  The picture is difficult to tell what exactly is going on.  If you are not comfortable with your most recent surgeon you should seek a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon.

Gary A. Tuma, MD, FACS
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

New contracture?

+1

If the implants are equally soft and move easily then it doesn't sound like it is a contracture. This is something though that would require an exam to verify. It is hard to tell from the description or photo if only the right side was lifted. If so, and the goal is to be more symmetrical then duplicating the procedure would be a logical solution. 

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Capsular contracture

+1

It is difficult to say whether you have a capsule without an examination.  You may need a lift with capsule removal if there is one.  Also after two capsules I recomment an acellular dermal matrix to help decrease capsule reformation.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Have I Got Capsular Contracture Again?

+1

Only one posted photo very hard to advise. In person evaluations needed. My guess is larger right implant with lift of left. 

Breast issuea and possible capsule

+1

Thanks for the photo but it looks like you took the photo from an "off" angle.  From the photo it looks like the nipples are a bit low and could benefit from a lift.  As for a potential capsule, an exam is essential.

Capsular contracture

+1

Mild capsular contracture can cause the implant to appear slightly higher, even though the breast does not feel firm.   Your observation that the right implant does not move quite as freely as the left raises that possibility.  However, a definite diagnosis of capsular contracture could not be made without an examination.

If the breast has changed shape over time, that is also highly suggestive of an early capsular contracture.

Thomas A. Mustoe, MD, FACS